Healthy Recipes to Start Your Day4 min read
I know more than a few people who will roll their eyes at me for saying this, but here it goes: I am not a big fan of eating healthy food in mornings or let it be any time in the day.
Spare me for this “But it’s very important to start your day with a healthy breakfast and it’s very important to start your day Eating a healthy breakfast. It not only helps you reduce hunger later on in the day but also gives you more energy throughout the day, and even assist with weight management.
If you are not used to eating a healthy diet it’s alright, you can always start fresh by making gradual changes slowly in the way you eat and this can help you improve the way you eat in the long run.
Ready for a little quick easy recipe inspiration to kick your unhealthy into tasty healthy habits…?
- Toast a whole wheat bread
- Fry or scramble an egg
- Melt the cheese
- Assemble on everything on the slice of bread.
And here you go with a healthy version of fast food to start your day with a sandwich. Enjoy your healthy sandwich with fresh fruits, greens or a glass of fresh juice on the side.
2.Chicken Pesto Wrap
- 1 whole wheat tortilla ( wheat roti/chapatti)
- 1 tablespoon pesto ( or any spread you like )
- 2 slice chicken breast
- ½ carrot shredded or sliced
- Other veggies of your choice
- Spread the pesto evenly over the tortilla.
- Layer the chicken over the pesto.
- Sprinkle with carrot or any other veggies you like.
- Wrap your tortilla up like you fold a burrito.
And here you’re with a tasty wrap in your hand carry it with you on the way to work and it’s just done.
3.Overstuffed Mediterranean Omelet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup baby tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the spinach, baby tomatoes, garlic, and salt to taste. Sauté for 1 minute, or until the spinach is bright green but not wilted; remove the mixture from the pan and set aside in a plate.
- Add the eggs to the same pan and stir gently for 1 minute, sprinkle the crumbled cheese; stop stirring and all the egg and cheese to set up for 1 to 2 minutes. Top the eggs on the spinach mixture and sprinkle the reaming feta cheese. Fold the omelet in half, and enjoy.
4.Microwave Egg, Chicken & Cheddar Toast
- 2 strips fully cooked chicken
- 2 slice of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- 2 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- Arrange chicken strips on the toasted bottom. Arrange egg over the chicken; season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds until warm and cheese melts. Cover with the other slice of toast and heat it for another 10 seconds and serve with maple syrup.
Enjoy the tasty healthy breakfast with mixed berries topped with vanilla yoghurt and kick-start your day with all the nutrition.
Also Read: 8 Ways to Avoid Stress Eating
5.Microwave Egg Caprese Cup
- 2 slice thinly sliced ham
- Shredded mozzarella or provolone, or a mix of cheese of your choice
- 2 eggs
- Basil pesto sauce
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves if desired
- Layer the slices of ham on the bottom and up the sides by pressing a small bowl into the creases then sprinkle with cheese.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and add a dollop of pesto sauce over the eggs with a few cherry tomato halves and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the microwave and cover with the microwave cover and cook on high for 1 minute 30 seconds or until the whites are set, adding additional 20 seconds if needed. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and more salt and pepper if desired.
We all know that good healthy breakfast is the key to setting up your day for success, so go ahead try these simple healthy and tasty recipes and add some proteins while you start your day.